Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lagoon






































I know, I know, enough with the pictures! But these are the pictures the kids want to see over and over.

As a kid we waited for Stake Lagoon day every year. I am not a big ride fan and spent most of my time on the tilt a whirl and knocking over the milk cans for stuffed animals. Billy is also not a ride person however, I wanted to see what the girls thought of Lagoon.

The cost of Lagoon now is not exactly the $8 it use to be so it meant saving some money just for this trip. I took the money that I made from mowing the lawns at Stacey's rental and it was enough to pay for our Lagoon trip and a motel.

The girls had a blast and still talk about it. To my surprise Shay was the one who wanted to try everything. Mandy didn't feel well and she is not a ride fan evidently so she stuck with the boats and cars. Bradie was like Shay and wanted almost every ride. Shay even went on Puff with Billy but as you can tell from the picture, he talked non-stop to assure her she was ok as the dragon goes pretty fast for a kid. The only bad part for Shay is when Billy and I took her on the tilt a whirl. Yeah, not a good idea I guess, she hated it and cried until the ride stopped. Lesson learned. But other than that, they had an amazing time and are begging to go back. Shay's favorite ride was the Dragon Fly (swings) which Shay, Bradie and Billy went on several times.

We spent that night in a motel in Layton just for fun and headed to Clint and Tricia's the next day.

The only thing better than my memories of Lagoon as a child, is watching how much fun our kids had and being the mom who could stand on the sidelines and take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment